Excellence at SICPA
We serve our clients and partners in a spirit of mutual confidence, tirelessly anticipating their ever changing security needs and proposing intelligent solutions. SICPA actively supports public and private efforts to build a better and safer world.
For more than 90 years, SICPA's core values have been the cornerstone of who we are and what we stand for.
Our business requires us to guarantee our customers, personnel, neighbourhood, suppliers and other interested parties that:
- our activities are reliable in terms of security, safety and environmental protection
- our products, processes, installations, and the services we provide are of the highest quality
- we contribute to economic sustainability
SICPA uses one unique management system for all the SICPA legal entities to:
- organize the company by taking into account an ever-changing ecosystem
- provide a neutral and structured framework
- set up a backbone to operate in a sustainable way
- support SICPA strategy deployment in an harmonized and consistent way
- capitalize on the company knowledge
- promote a global and collegial process & risk based approach to optimize the delivery of products and services to our customers
- use proven practices, inspired by the international standards and other quality models
- promote innovation and continuous improvement
- allow to be recognized as a best in class organization by covering all the requirements of the international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 37001, ISO 27001,…)
The Banknote Ethics Initiative (BnEI) is an initiative established to provide ethical business practice, with a focus on the prevention of corruption and on compliance with anti-trust law within the banknote industry. Members must adhere to a strict Code of Ethical Business Practice. All organisations that have signed the Code must become accredited after passing an audit carried out by a third party auditor.
Our policies promote ethical behaviour and sustainability in the way we conduct business.
Our policies set standards for our employees, partners, suppliers, and customers in respect of expected behaviour. Specific policies on anti-corruption and fair competition have been promulgated to provide clear guidance of the corporate expectations. We strive to set an example of the highest ethical and integrity standard in our marketplace, acting in a spirit of respectful entrepreneurship.
Group policies and guidelines include Human Resources, Health and Safety, Security, Environment and Procurement policies which also form part of the overall CSR.
SICPA is a founding and accredited member of the Banknote Ethics Initiative (BnEI).
There are four Corporate Principles which are particularly relevant to our Corporate Social Responsibility: